The Western Melbourne Child and Family Services Alliance (the Alliance) is a partnership involving 10 Department of Human Services (DHS) funded organisations in the municipalities of Wyndham, Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Moonee Valley, and Melbourne to provide Integrated Family Services. The Alliance also includes a number of non DHS funded Family Services organisations including Wyndham Council and Hobson’s Bay Council.
The DHS funded organisations that form the Western Melbourne Child and Family Services Alliance include:
- Anglicare Victoria (as the Lead agency that also provides Child FIRST – the Child and Family Information, Referral and Support Team);
- Baptcare Family Services;
- Caroline Chisholm Society;
- Catholic Care Family Services;
- IPC Health;
- MacKillop Family Services;
- City of Melbourne;
- Moonee Valley City Council;
- Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA).
The Alliance agencies work in collaboration with the DHS Child Protection and Agency Connections Teams to ensure that the needs of vulnerable children, young people, and families are addressed.
The Alliance will:
Plan and deliver within the resources available, a tailored, high quality, culturally sensitvie and accessible integrated system of services, effectively coordinated with other services to achieve positive outcomes with vulnerable children, young people, and their families.